Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home Sweet Home


Today is a bitter sweet day.  It is the last day in our first home.  I have loved this home since the day we bought it.  I have loved so many different things about it and we have made so many wonderful memories here.  Not only is it the first house Ron and I bought, it is also where we brought out two babies home from the hospital and it is where our children took their first steps and spoke their first words.  Ron and I painted the entire exterior of this house by hand, Ron rebuilt the deck on his own, and we have made so many improvements to the yard.  This house is great for hosting parties--both inside and out.  The backyard is fabulous for children to play in.  My Christmas decorations look great in it.  The list could go on and on.  In addition, I am an extremely sentimental person and fiercely loyal and part of me is so heartbroken to be leaving this house so soon--and to renters no less.  But the economy is to blame.  Months ago, we realized that we would probably never see the low interest rates and low housing prices in our lifetime and so we decided that it be foolish to wait until we "outgrew" this home.  So we found our dream home 1.2 miles away and tomorrow we make the official move.  And so it is with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to this wonderful home and move on to greener pastures.  Thank you, sweet home, for all of the memories.  I will miss you...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I felt that same way leaving our 6-year rental. But then you start making all kinds of new memories in your new home, so it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete