Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One Month Old Today!


It dawned on me the other day that Ella does not have a true monthly birthday during the months that do not have 31 days!  And April is one of those months.  So I am just counting April 30th as her first month birthday.  I'm proud to say that Ron and I have survived this first month.  This is a major accomplishment--especially for parents as old as us!  Ella really has not changed that much since we brought her home from the hospital.  She sleeps a lot, constantly has a dirty diaper, nurses really well, and cries when she is awake and not being held.  She doesn't seem to mind diaper and clothing changes and baths as much as her older siblings did at this age as she only cries about half the time during these activities.  And, lastly, she is currently getting up for two feedings a night which is a whole lot better than three times a night which she did a few times during the first two weeks of her life which about killed me!  She is chunking up nicely, but still fits easily in her 0-3 month clothes.  And her eyes really seem to be turning blue which would be amazing!  Two dark haired beauties with blue eyes would definitely be fun to have in the family.  We all really love our baby Ella and are so glad that she has joined her family, but I must say that I am soooo looking forward to her sleeping through the night!  Hopefully my tired body can make it until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment