Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Two Weeks Down

Well we wrapped up two weeks of Ella's life last night.  We are still surviving.  Lots of diapers and lots of feedings for Ella and not much sleep for the parents.  Ron and I are starting to really feel the sleep deprivation, but life goes on.  Since Ron returned to work yesterday, my mom agreed to come out and spend the week at our house which has been such a blessing.  I know that other moms have survived on their own at this point, but I am so grateful to have her help with everything from the meals to dishes to holding the baby to playing with Logan or watching the younger two while I shuttle Lia back and forth from school and her various activities.
Today, my sis-in-law, Natalee, came over from Port Orchard with Brynn, Garrett, and Trenton to meet the baby.  Brynn spontaneously asked if she could spend the night since she and Garrett are on Spring Break this week and we all readily agreed!  As a result, Lia essentially got an 8-hour play date today which was wonderful!  Brynn was such a help keeping Logan and Lia entertained and holding the baby whenever we needed it.  Too bad she heads back home tomorrow.  If only I could check Brynn out like a library book until summer when Ron is home full-time!  Now THAT would be great!


Baby Ella at two weeks old.


Brynn, Lia, and Ella.


I just love this picture of Brynn and Ella looking at each other.


Brynn keeping Logan and Lia busy outside with some sidewalk chalk.


The kids playing around!


I just love this picture of Logan as he insisted on wearing his "Thomas the Train" summer pajama bottoms over his pants when my mom was changing his diaper.  The boy loves trains and has developed quite an interest in any of his clothes with choo choos on them.


Lia smothering her brother!  What's new?

No comments:

Post a Comment