Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Last Day of School!

Today was Lia's last day of Kindergarten.  I was able to drop her off and pick her up today as it was my day to drive for our carpool.  Although Lia was excited to go to school today to sign autograph books, she was sad to say goodbye to her teacher and finish Kindergarten.  Lia sure has loved school this year.  I am grateful for her fabulous teacher, her wonderful friends who we met at preschool last year, and all of the good experiences she had this year.  Now it's on to first grade!  I can't believe how fast she is growing up.


Lia as she walked out the front door of school on her last day of Kindergarten.


Lia posing with her good buddy, Mollie, who we carpooled with this year after leaving Wildwood Elementary School together.  Lia suddenly got very sad after walking outside and refused to smile for this picture and then went and hid in our van.  It wasn't until I figured out what was going on that this picture became very funny to me.


After I found Lia in our van, I asked her if she wanted to come back outside and say goodbye to her beloved teacher, Mrs. Armstrong.  This helped her perk up a bit.  Lia agreed and happily ran over to give her teacher another hug and willingly produced a smile for this picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment