Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Has Begun!

Summer has been in session five days now and we are definitely off to a good start.  We have been fortunate to have wonderful, sunny days so far and have gotten out to do something fun each day.  On Thursday, the children and I went to a neighborhood, summer kickoff party where we ate ice cream sundays in the cul-de-sac.  Friday, one of our friends from school hosted a bunch of us moms and our kids for a big play date in their backyard.  Saturday, the five of us went downtown for a few hours to wander around Meeker Days and then we hosted a backyard BBQ that evening for four other families.  On Sunday evening, I took the two oldest on a walk around the neighborhood and to the school park for some playtime.  And today we headed up to Issy to play in Lake Samm since the temperature was predicted to hit a high of 79 degrees.  It was a perfect day to be at the lake--barely any boats were out on the water and the kids had a great time playing on the beach after a picnic lunch.  It even got so hot before we left that I dove in and ended up swimming with both Lia and Logan before we packed up.  Oh, how I LOVE summer!  I am looking forward to many more wonderful days like this ahead!


Logan and Lake Samm.


Logan discovered this bulldozer (a.k.a. "scooper") on our previous trip to the lake and played with it for over an hour today!


I barely could get him to look up at me because he was so engrossed in his scooper play!



My long-legged Lia on the gangplank. 


Brother and Sister in the water.


And they're off!  


I love how Lia and Logan now play on the beach together.  They happily play side by side while engrossed in their own imaginary worlds.  So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment