Monday, December 15, 2014

Decorating a Gingerbread House

A few years ago, I found an elaborate, boxed gingerbread house set on clearance at Michaels after Christmas.  It was such a good deal that I couldn't pass it up and so I quickly bought it, brought it home, and tucked it away in my kitchen pantry.  And then I promptly forgot out it.  Each year, Christmas came and went and we didn't assemble it because I never seemed to remember it during the holiday season.  So this year I promised myself that I would remember about it during the month of December and, luckily, I did!   So for F.H.E. tonight, we gathered around the kitchen table and had a grand old time decorating the gingerbread house together.  In fact, I'm actually glad that I didn't remember it until this year as Logan is finally old enough to participate in such an activity and really did a good job.  We put Logan up on the table and the four of us gathered around the gingerbread house and each decorated one of the sides while Ella crawled around on the floor.  It was one of those rare moments when everyone was happy and working side by side.  It really was a fun family activity and I hope to keep this tradition alive for many years to come!


Logan working hard on decorating his side of the house.


Logan taking a brief break to acknowledge the camera and me.


Lia was also in charge of decorating the gingerbread men that came with the set.  She promptly turned them into gingerbread women and did a great job making them pretty and colorful! 


Working hard under Ella's supervision.


Logan and Lia admiring the finished product.  Please notice Logan's "smile" that he currently flashing us whenever we ask for one.  Oh dear.


A close-up of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment