Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Family Snow Day!

When Ron and I decided to stay home from our Priest Lake vacation this week, we made a goal to get our children out every day for a family outing or activity.  And although I am planning on dedicating a blog post to the entire week's activities, I couldn't resist giving today's outing its own post.  When we were brainstorming ideas of what we could do this week, Ron suggested that we try to go play in the snow somewhere and go sledding.  When I looked into it, there were only a few places where we could sled and they were all very overpriced.  Since I knew that our little ones would not last that long in the snow, Ron and I quickly decided that it would not be worth it to pay this kind of money.  I then called my brother, Eric, who spends a lot of time in the Cascades and he gave me the brilliant idea to head up to the one ski resort on Snoqualmie Pass that hasn't opened for the season.  So, we decided to go for it and packed up our kids and all of our snow gear for a little New Year's Eve outing on a beautiful, but chilly, day.  We spent a glorious hour and ten minutes sledding down the ski slope until Logan had a meltdown (due to being too cold since I had accidentally packed the wrong snow boots which meant he had to wear his sneakers instead) and the resort's security guard kicked us out.  Although it was 15 degrees outside, the older two kids really enjoyed themselves and baby Ella managed in our arms until she got so cold that she stopped smiling and Ron took her back to the truck to warm up.  As short as our time was, it just felt so good to be back up in the mountains again enjoying the snow on a beautiful day.  It made me excited for the day when all of our kids are old enough that we can go skiing together!


Logan running up the hill the second we got to the ski slope.


Lia trying out her sled before attempting her first run down the hill.


Lia and papa posing for a picture while Logan throws a tantrum right on the snow.  Oh that boy.


Logan recovering from his tantrum and deciding whether or not he is going to sled down the hill with his big sister.


Lia's first run down the hill with Ron waiting for her down at the bottom.


My three kiddos and me.


The cutest, little snow bunny and me.  I just love this picture.


Logan and Lia heading off on a brother-sister run down the hill.


And they're off!


Papa and a chilled baby Ella before retreating back to the truck.


The kids playing in a snow bank.


My brave boy (in freezing, wet sneakers) braving the cold and giving me a smile.


No matter where we go in this state, we can always find a tribute to the Seahawks and the 12th man--even in the mountains!  Go hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment