Monday, February 23, 2015

Lia's 7th Birthday!

Since we flew back to Seattle on the night of Lia's birthday, I told her in advance that her birthday would just be a "travel day" and that we would actually celebrate it the next day after we got home.  I was grateful that she happily agreed to this.  As a result, I had to turn around the next day and prepare for her birthday amidst unpacking and doing loads of laundry.  I was able to wrap all of her gifts and plan and shop for her birthday dinner before we left on our trip in order to make this day a bit easier on me.  I managed to get it all done and be ready to host my parents that evening for a "breakfast dinner" and cupcakes (all Lia's request) and the opening of gifts.  We had a pleasant evening and I think that Lia was pleased with it all.  I just can't believe that my first born is now seven years old.  That just sounds so much older than six!


My parents and our little family getting ready to eat an egg casserole, bacon, and delicious cinnamon rolls for dinner in the dining room.


Lia showing off her new Fancy Nancy books while flashing her Elsa snow powers at the camera.


Logan was able to open a belated birthday gift from Aunt Renee and Uncle Derek that had arrived in the mail while we were gone.  He got an awesome, large beach towel with his name monogrammed in it.  Here he is wearing his towel around the house after opening it.


Lia showing off her new Frozen t-shirt that she received from us.


Lia pretended to faint after opening up a joint gift from my parents and Ron and me--a promised trip to the American Girl Doll store to buy the new party dress for her Caroline Abbott doll.  Such a silly girl!


Lia screaming with glee while showing off the money she gets to use to buy her American Girl doll dress.


Ella hanging out around grandma's legs.


Lia getting ready to blow out her seven candles.  I can't get over how grown up she looks in this picture.


And blowing away.


My big girl giving the camera a silly face before diving in to her jumbo cupcake with turquoise frosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment