Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Loganisms


Since Lia's verbal development advanced at a much quicker pace than Logan's did once they both started talking at 14 months old, I feel like I had written several blog posts by this point in Lia's life about funny words and phrases that she had said.  So, I'm sorry Logie that this is your first "Loganisms" post and you are already three years old! But I wanted to record a list of funny and/or typical words or phrases you have said over the past few months of your life before you totally out grow them.  So, in no particular order, here is a list of Logan's first, official Loganisms....
1.  Ca ca--Logan came up with this word for "bird" after teaching him that the sounds a birds make is "ca ca, ca ca."  Logan still uses this word and calls birdhouses ca ca houses and bird poop ca ca poop.
2.  Right dere--Logan has used this phrase for many months when he means to say, "Right there."  He uses it all the time--especially when telling us where to put a certain item of food on his high chair tray.
3.  You help you me?--Although Logan no longer uses this adorable phrase, he used to say it when he meant to ask, "Can you help me?"  So dang cute.
4.  I mean--this is the filler phrase that Logan uses ALL THE TIME at the beginning of sentences.  It wasn't until Ron pointed it out that I realized that Logan got this phrase from me.  Apparently I start off a lot of sentences by saying these two words.  Who knew?
5.  "This is hard work, mama."  Logan likes to tell me this whenever he thinks he has done something difficult.  So funny as most of the time it is after he does something as simple as picking up one toy.
6.  Hot choc--Logan came up with this word after hearing me talk about hot chocolate one time.  However, the funny thing is that he uses this word to describe any food or drink that has chocolate in it from chocolate milk to chocolate cheerios to chocolate candy.
7.  Upee--Although Logan has long outgrown this word, he used to say it all the time in lieu of the word, "Up."  All last summer, Logan would jump off of the dock or from the edge of a pool and yell, "Upee jump!"
8.  "Look at me, mama (or papa)!"  Logan has been saying this for months now.  He says it whenever he wants me (or Ron) to look at something that he is doing.  The funny thing is that nine times out of ten it is for something that is not special or spectacular.  Typically it's for something as ordinary as opening and closing his eyes or jumping on one foot or chewing his food with his mouth open.  This definitely makes us chuckle.
9.  "What's it called?"  This is the new question that Logan now asks whenever he wants me to read him something.  I just think it's the cutest way of asking someone what some words say.
10.  And, lastly, this is just something really funny that Logan said to me a few weeks ago while at church.  He had done a pretty good job staying quiet and busy during most of sacrament meeting, but when there was only a few minutes left, he turned to me and politely said, "I'm all finished with church, mama."  So cute.  It's a good thing that nursery was next!

No comments:

Post a Comment