Wednesday, May 13, 2015

High Chair Row



I have been explaining to people for the past several months that Logan just does well in cages.  No joke.  This energetic, high-strung toddler responds well to boundaries.  As a result, I have kept him in a high chair and a crib well beyond the age of most children.  When Ella started eating solid foods this past fall, the logical thing would have been to move my 2 and 1/2 year old Logan out of his high chair and into a "big boy chair," freeing up his high chair for Ella to use.  But, I knew that both he and I were not ready for this change and so I asked my parents to bring back the high chair (that they keep at their cabin) for us to borrow for the next few months.  And so since the beginning of October, Logan and Ella have been eating next to each other for every meal of the day.  I call it my little, high chair row.  It really has been the cutest thing to watch these two eating side by side for so many months.  And, although I know that most mothers would think that I am crazy to keep this large, rambunctious boy in a high chair for so long, it has worked well for the two of us.  However, this past week, Logan started requesting to eat at the big person table for almost every meal of the day which I did not resist since this change is way overdue in his life.  He has actually done a pretty decent job and so we have finally closed a chapter on his baby and toddler years. But since I have always meant to take a picture of these two eating side by side, I jumped at his request to eat lunch in his high chair today just so I could capture this Kodak moment before I returned Ella's high chair to my parents for good.  And, so we are now down to one baby eating in a high chair and a have little more wiggle room in our kitchen.  Now if I could just get this boy to be interested in potty training...

No comments:

Post a Comment