Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back to School!

It's hard to believe, but Lia headed off to 2nd grade today!  There was such a difference between the Lia of a year ago and the Lia of today.  Last year, there was many tears and much drama before her first day of first grade.  She clearly was very nervous and feeling a lot of anxiety about heading off to school.  This year, she was calm, cool, and collected.  When I walked into her room this morning, she was just playing Barbies on the floor like it was just another day.  When I asked her how she was feeling, she said that she was fine.  Lia got dressed, ate breakfast, and headed off to school with us like it was no big deal.  I couldn't believe it.  I was so relieved.  Lia got the best of the three second grade teachers at her school and her class is FULL of friends!  So, I think that all of this helped her to be nothing but excited about starting school again.  We parked our car and walked her out to the black top to help her find her line.  After waiting around for a few minutes, I told Lia that we were leaving and she barely gave us a goodbye as she was so busy talking to friends.  My baby girl is really growing up!  Part of me is so excited for her and part of me is so baffled by how fast this is all going...


Lia and her siblings before heading off to school.


Lia sporting her new outfit complete with a unicorn t-shirt.


Lia with her Frozen backpack and lunchbox that she is using for the second year in a row.


Lia in her class line with her good friend, Sienna.


Lia with her friends Mila, Sienna, and Mollie and Mollie's little sister, Gabby, who started Kindergarten this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment