Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Off to Preschool!

As with Lia, I decided to organize a preschool co-op for Logan's first year of preschool.  I was able to find five other moms from church who were willing to join in and be part of it.  I spent several hours the first week of September getting everything ready for the orientation meeting that I held at my house.  Besides having 17 kids under my roof, everything went well at the meeting.  All of these moms seem super responsible and organized which is a relief since so many in Lia's co-op were flaky and irresponsible and dropped out half way through the year.  So, I am hoping that we will have a more successful year for Logan!  We are meeting twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:15 to 11:15.  We will rotate between the following activities:  free play, Circle Time, activity time, snack time, and story time and will focus on a different letter and number each week.  Since I am in charge, I offered to host the first week which was last week.  As a result, I didn't take any pictures of Logan since I felt like it was a little anticlimactic for him to head off to his first week of preschool at his own house!  So I waited until today to take a picture of him walking into Vera's house.  It actually turned out to be a good thing to host the first week as Logan struggles with transitions and new things.  He had two opportunities to get used to the routine at our house last week before going to Vera's house.  In fact, he threw several tantrums over the past few days whenever I told him that preschool was going to be at a different house.  Luckily this gave him enough time to warm up to the idea because he was actually happy and ready to go into Vera's house by the time we pulled up this morning which was a major relief to me!  I just never know how this boy is going to react to things as he is so unpredictable!  And according to Vera's mom, Logan actually did a good job today at Circle Time and activity time (which were the two areas he struggled with last week).  He actually sat on his carpet square during Circle Time AND traced his name and an entire line of number 2's on his worksheet during activity time.  Maybe my temperamental boy is growing up a little bit after all....



Logan flashing me his crazy, camera smile (with Asian eyes) as he heads up to Vera's front door.


A close-up of my crazy boy with his crazy smile and his crazy bed head hair that he refuses to let me brush in the morning.


Logan and the rest of the kids starting Circle Time with Vera's mom, Mercedes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment