Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Boy and His Blanket...

My amazingly talented and wonderful mother has always made a beautiful baby quilt for each of her grandchildren before they are born.  One morning in December, we rushed to the fabric store while Ella was at preschool to pick out some fabric.  We both fell in love with a sweet pattern that consisted of foxes, hedgehogs, deer, and owls with an unusual color combination of grey, orange, and a light turquoise.  After finding one accent fabric to go with it in the children's section, we ran over to the regular quilt section and found a turquoise and light grey fabric that worked perfectly with the animal fabric.  My mother then spent a week in December piecing the blanket together and quilting it.  She then finished the binding this month after Emmett was born.  When my mom came down to help me this week, she presented me with the finished quilt and it is absolutely stunning.  We both agreed that it is one of our favorite baby quilts that she has ever made.  Here are some pictures that I took today of sweet Emmett laying on his new baby quilt that I am sure he will grow to love in the years to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment