Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thank Heavens for Grandparents!

Although my mom came down and helped out all last week (January 22nd through 26th), I never managed to take any pictures of her with Emmett.  This week I was going to be on my own until I came down with a breast infection on Monday night and was basically 'ordered' by the doctor to stay in my bed for two days since I was really fighting an infection and needed to rest.  As a result, my parents dropped everything last minute and my dad came down and helped me on Tuesday and my mom drove down two days in a row and helped me Wednesday and Thursday.  They were total life savers and helped me so many different things over this three-day period as I was not feeling well and Emmett was not sleeping well (waking up a total of SIX times both Tuesday and Wednesday night leaving me utterly exhausted the following two days).  I am so grateful for all that they did to help me out during these days from shuttling the kids back and forth to school and their activities, sweeping out the garage, watching Ella during my doctor's appointment, grocery shopping, folding laundry, doing dishes, wrapping Logan's birthday gifts, playing with the children, and staying through the late afternoon when Lia and Logan came home from school which allowed me to take a nap at that same time upstairs.  On Thursday evening, my mom even stayed at my house until past 8 p.m. to help with dinner, homework, and the bedtime routine since Ron had to work late.  It also allowed me to pick Lia up from her basketball practice at 7:30 without having to drag all three of the younger kids out with me.  I honestly don't know how I would have made it through Thursday evening without her help.  I am so grateful for both of my parents and love them so much!  Thanks, mom and dad, for all of your help this week!


My mom holding sweet, little Emmett.


Emmett getting some 'tummy time' on grandma's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment