Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Rolling Over!


After waiting for it to happen, Emmett rolled over in the blink of an eye today!  We have been waiting for him to roll over from his backside onto his stomach which is what he has been trying to do for several weeks now.  Today, I decided to put him down on his stomach since I have not been good about providing "tummy time" for him lately.  Within five seconds of putting him down on the floor, he simply rolled over and looked up at me.  I was so surprised!  I just couldn't believe it.  I tried to get him to do it again, but he would have nothing to do with it.  So, just like that, Emmett rolled over for the first time and I was the only one to witness it.  It happened so fast and was so unexpected that I found myself wondering if it really happened a few minutes later...but it did.  So, although I couldn't get Emmett to roll over again for me on video, I decided to take a few pictures of him while still on laying on the blanket to 'capture the moment.'  Such a cute baby.


Besides his adorable smile, I love this picture because it captures something that Emmett has been doing for a few weeks now--clasping his hands above his chest.  He discovered this little trick a few weeks ago and I find him doing it several times a day.  Whenever I see Emmett doing this, I always ask him, "You got your hands?" to which he always responds back to me with a big grin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment