Saturday, November 20, 2021

The Middles Get Shot #1

With the CDC's announcement a few weeks ago that children between the ages of 5 to 11 years old are now eligible to be vaccinated, I finally found the time to look into scheduling appointments for both Ella and Logan after Aunt Blanche left earlier this week.  I was very pleasantly surprised when I was able to make both children's appointments for the same time just a few days in advance after being on the phone for only FIVE minutes (including wait time).  That is a rare thing these days as the pandemic has made phone wait times unbelievably long for almost every company I call.  We were able to swing by the doctor's office for 8:40 appointments today on our way to Logan's soccer game in Tacoma at 10 a.m.  I was so impressed by how organized and efficient this huge, one-day clinic for children-only Covid vaccines was run.  The kids and I were checked into an exam room and the vaccines were given by a nurse within five minutes.  Ella eagerly volunteered to go first and even smiled at me when I took her picture.  As usual, Logan wanted nothing to do with this shot, but managed to bravely follow in his sister's footsteps, but he would have nothing to do with looking at me when I took his picture.  After the shots were administered, the nurse gave each of the children an adorable, stuffed animal (such a nice touch!) and sent us on our way to wait for 15 minutes in the designated waiting room.  We were back in our car by 9:10 and even arrived early for Logan's team warm up which never happens!  Needless to say, I am so grateful that I was able to get this vaccine ball rolling for my two middles and was also so happy to learn today that they will be 14 days past their second vaccine (which is when they are fully vaccinated) on Christmas day!  This is such great luck as we will be heading off to spend a week at my parent's cabin at Priest Lake with over twenty people right after Christmas and it is so nice to know that Ella and Logan will both have this extra layer of protection from this virus before spending so much time indoors with an abundance of people.


Ella flashing me a smile through her face mask.


Logan concentrating hard to NOT look at the needle (which is the advice I gave him) so that he wouldn't be as scared of getting the vaccine.  The poor kid.  He has just never liked needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment