Sunday, November 28, 2021

Trimming the Tree 2021

After learning our lesson last year, we headed out first thing Friday morning to buy our Christmas tree before the lot got totally picked over like had happened in 2020.  We were happy to see that our favorite, Christmas tree lot had a large selection of trees and were even happier to discover that the first tree we looked at had been mislabeled with a tag that stated it was 7 to 8 feet tall when it was really 10 feet tall.  When the man who was helping us discovered this mistake, he told us that buying a 10 feet tall tree for $85 was a steal and that we should jump on it before the man in charge discovered his mistake.  So, we quickly took his advice and bought the tree and got it loaded on our car before anyone knew differently!  
After helping Ron put up the largest Christmas tree we have definitely ever owned, we let it dry out in the living room the rest of the weekend until the kids and I decorated it tonight after dinner.  As usual, Ron laid on the couch and "manned" the Christmas music, while the kids first decorated the new, children's tree that I bought last year with all of their ornaments before joining me in the living room to finish decorating the main tree.  Much to my surprise, all of my kids kind of lost interest and "pooped" out on me before the tree was completely decorated for the first time ever.  I am not sure what exactly happened, but I found myself having to beg the three older kids to come and help me finish.  With a little teeth pulling, we got it decorated in time to enjoy it for a few minutes before bedtime.  And now I get to enjoy our tree every day for the rest of the holiday season which is one of the reasons why I like putting it up over Thanksgiving weekend.  A glowing, Christmas tree in our living room corner is just one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season...


For the first time ever, Santa was visiting in the little "hot coco hut" that is always at our Christmas tree lot.  The kids gladly took a picture with him, but no one was brave enough to tell him what they wanted for Christmas.


Another shot of my four cuties with Santa.


The three younger children posing in a picture cutout board.


Lia, Logan, and Ella decorating the children's tree.  For some reason, Ella has been enjoying wearing Lia's old Merida wig around the house for the past few days.  She insisted on wearing it while decorating the Christmas trees.


Ella and Logan helping me decorate the main tree in the living room after finishing the kids' tree.


The kids and me pause for a group photo while hanging up ornaments.


Lia


Logan


Ella and her wild wig


Emmett


A cute shot of Emmett putting an ornament on the tree.


The kids and me pose for a picture once the tree was completely decorated.


And one last photo by the kids' Christmas tree before calling it a 'wrap.'

No comments:

Post a Comment