Wednesday, December 21, 2022

A Tired Toddler & A Tired Teen

Since Emmett missed his nap the past four days in a row (he gets to skip naps on the weekend when his siblings are home and then went camping with daddy Monday and Tuesday), I knew that he really needed to take one today.  After reading a story and tucking him in, I never heard a peep out of Emmett which I took as a good sign that he fell asleep right away.  After about an hour or so, I went upstairs to check on him and was surprised to find his bedroom door right open.  After walking down the hallway, I discovered that Lia had crawled into bed with him and that the the two of them were both asleep!  I couldn't believe my eyes as this has never happened before.  Apparently, Emmett got out of bed and wandered into Lia's room after I tucked him in.  After she offered to cuddle with him, they both climbed into his bed and fell asleep.  Since Lia made the transition this fall to a kid who never naps to an exhausted and busy teen who could nap every day if given the chance, it made perfect sense to me that my tired toddler and my tired teen ended up napping together.  Since it was just about the most adorable thing that I have every seen, I quickly ran and got my camera and took some pictures.  And here they are...


My oldest and my youngest napping side by side.


A close-up for my sleeping babies.  Oh my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment