Sunday, December 18, 2022

Lia's NWTL Holiday Ball

Lia's wonderful children's theater, Northwest Theater Lab, hosted a holiday ball this evening for any of the cast members who participated in at least one of their major productions this year.  After learning that it was scheduled for the same night as my family's extended Christmas party (that we haven't had since 2019 due to Covid), Lia went back and forth for several days as to which one she wanted to attend.  She finally decided that she wanted to go to the holiday ball after learning that several of her castmates from Descendants were planning on going.  Since the dress was formal, we quickly ordered a darling red dress from Amazon that came a few days before hand.  We also asked Lia's good friend, Mollie, to come over before the party to help with Lia's hair and makeup since she is a master at these kinds of things.  Since I was in charge of a large youth meeting for my stake at 4 p.m., I took the three other children with me to the church to hang out in the nursery for over an hour while the meeting took place so that I wouldn't have to make the detour back to my house to pick them up en route to the freeway since we were already going to be late for the party.  As a result, I had to say goodbye to Lia over two hours before she left and, as a result, wasn't able to get any pictures of her all dolled up and ready to go.  Luckily, she has a new friend up the hill who participated in another production at NWTL whose mother agreed to drive Lia to the party at 6 p.m. and bring her back home at 9:30 p.m.  So, while I was in Port Orchard all evening long, Lia went and had the time of her life at this holiday ball.  In addition to dinner and a White Elephant exchange, the theater directors provided dancing and karaoke for the kids to enjoy.  Since Lia was surrounded by all of her theater friends, she felt comfortable to sing and dance the night away and just had the greatest time.  When I pulled up at 11 o'clock, Lia was still waiting up for us and excitedly told me all about her evening.  I was so happy that she made the choice to go to this holiday ball instead of my family's party as it sounded like it was ten times more fun!  Here are some of the pictures that her music director emailed me after the festivities were over...


Lia posing with her "mother," Charlie, who played the Evil Queen in Descendants.


Lia posing with her Oliva (Mal), Kaden (Ben), Sarah (Carlos), and Kyra (Jane).


Lia scowling with the rest of the "Evils" from her play.


A fun group photo with a bunch of kids from the Descendants and Rudolph play.


Lia and Olivia (or should I say Evia and Mal) reunited after a five week break!

No comments:

Post a Comment