Sunday, March 29, 2009

Brynn and Garrett's Big Day

Although my brother's twins, Brynn and Garrett, turned eight last month, they opted to be baptized yesterday so that my one out-of-state brother and his family could attend (during their spring break). So, the entire fam dam (on Lisa's side that is) gathered together yesterday in Port Orchard for Brynn and Garrett's big day. It was an honor to be a part of their special day. I am proud of them for taking this big step in their lives.

Here are the two angels (and they really are. You would be hard pressed to find a pair of eight-year olds as well behaved as these two) dressed in their whites before the program began.

The twins with their proud mother and little brother, Riley, who refused to let go of his mother or his blanket the entire day. Lucky Natalee. :-)

I found the "triplets" (what we fondly call all three of my brothers' girls who were all born within six months of each other) all sitting in the back of the room on stacked chairs pretending to read the baptism programs. It was very comical. They are quite a three-some when they get together.

Now, I want you to appreciate this picture. Anyone with a semi-large family with an army of children know what an ordeal it is to have a group picture taken. Ours is NO different. My mother insisted that this be part of our day yesterday. So, we all gathered in the church foyer to attempt the impossible after the baptism. While Rebecca, who doubles as my sis-in-law and professional photographer, was arranging the family, I asked Krista (Natalee's sister) to snap a picture or two with my camera. And, can you believe that every single person in this picture is actually looking somewhat normal, sorta looking at the camera, and maybe even smiling except for my beloved niece, Vivi, who just had to turn around and face the back right at that opportune moment?! Of course, we couldn't have a perfect picture, could we?! That just wouldn't be right. So, thank you, Vivi, for keeping it real!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a nice baptism, so nice that everyone could come! I guess that is the plus to having a family that almost all lives in one state...what would that be like? ha ha Your hair is getting long!??

    ReplyDelete