Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Own Little Cindy-Lou Who

I was sitting next to a friend at my book club meeting last month (yes, I actually joined one) when she commented on how I needed to start doing something with "all of that hair" on Lia's head. Since accessorizing and hair dressing has never been a forte of mine, this was something that I definately had to force myself to do. But, I am proud to say that in the last week or two I have purchased some little ruberbands and gathered all of the hair accessories (that my hair stylist mother-in-law has mailed over the past many months) and placed them in an easy-to-use spot in Lia's bathroom. So, on the days that I am not working, I am trying to get myself to incorporate the doing of Lia's hair into our morning routine. It's like pulling teeth....but to my surprise, it has actually happened a few times! So, today, we attempted the side pony tails. As you can see by the picture, they are definately NOT centered on my child's head...but they are there. In fact, I thought that they were so cute that I laughed out loud and snapped a quick pic to email Daddy at work. Lia just reminded me of little Cindy-Lou Who from the beginning of the Dr. Seuss story, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the first ponies!! soooo cute! Yeah, you have to start young to get if you want to train the girls for getting their hair done, ha ha. Rylie still isn't trained! Cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I didn't know you had a blog! Your daughter is so dang cute! I can't believe she is one. Her cake was so cute & you did a great job. Love the pony tails!

    ReplyDelete