Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Day with Amy...

I have been blessed to find some very wonderful friends through the different stages of my life. My childhood is no exception where I met some girls that are kindred spirits to this day. One of these gals in my dear friend, Amy, who I met when I was only three years old! Although we grew up together and became good friends in high school, it really was solidified during our YEARS of being college roommates. We were attached at the hip during this time of our lives and the many memories still bring a smile to my face...
Anyways, it has been exactly three years since I have seen Amy, so what a thrill it was to finally come face to face with her again yesterday and meet her little boy for the first time! She had flown up to Eastern Washington last week to attend her nephew's high school graduation with many other members of her family. We had arranged in advance to meet up after the weekend's festivities. I picked her up yesterday at a friend's house of our mothers in central Washington and took Amy and her little one home with me for one night before she flew out this morning. What fun it was to see her again!

Amy and I with our mothers.

Back at the house, here we are with our little ones. Please notice Lia's tongue also making an appearance in the picture.

3 comments:

  1. you both look gorgeous...never ceases to amaze me that my friends keep getting prettier and prettier. glad it was a fun time. i'll have to call and get some stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that you got to see Amy. You both look great and like not a day has passed since we were in college! You're adorable!

    Tell her I said hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, i finally made it out to your blog! I know, so lame not keeping up. I went to email you the other day to find out cruise details and knew you would send me here.

    I loved this day with you! So fun to see you, Lia, Ron, Issy ladies, Seattle area, your house. Nothing like catching up with a dear childhood friend. Wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete