Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Truckology

A few of you know that Ron has never had the pleasure and the privilege of owning a "big boy car" with some of the basic amenities that you and I take for granted such as air conditioning, automatic locks and windows, and cruise control. He's only had the opportunity to own the basic, stripped down model of his cars over the years which is an absolute SHAME considering the fact that the man is over 40 years old! In my opinion, he is loooong over due for the big league on wheels. The one thing that he has really wanted as a reward for surviving this grueling school year is a brand new truck. Although we really should be upgraded my ancient Taurus to a "family car" as we hope to expand our family in the future, I have given him my happy and whole hearted consent to make such a purchase. He deserves nothing less! Since Ron is done with his UW classes and responsibilities, he has had a little more time on his hands this past 1.5 weeks and has dived head first into researching and testing a variety of trucks. Ron comes home every day from work with a new test driving tale to tell and a new stack of booklets, pamphlets, and brochures to peruse. As a result, this is the comic scene that I discovered last night while dashing downstairs on my way out the door to YW. I found my husband and daughter on the living room floor pouring over the most recently acquired stack of pamphlets on Chevy trucks. As you can see, Lia was just as interested in the whole affair as Ron was, pointing out her favorite features and offering her advice when needed. They make quite a team.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is beside the point, but your carpet is so clean and spotless! With a 2 year old!!! I'm amazed and impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know our vote having owned a Ford and Dodge - Eric still oooh's and aaaah's over his RAM Hemi. :-)

    ReplyDelete