Friday, June 25, 2010

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow...

Those who know me well, know that I am a sentimental sap at heart. I struggle with change and letting things go. This applies to everything from long, lost childhood toys to high school English papers to an outfit that I wore to a special event. Although I am no automobile fanatic, it even applies to cars. I have always loved that Ron and I are still driving the same cars that we were driving when we first met and started dating. In fact, a very silly part of me secretly believed that my Taurus and Ron's Focus had their own courtship vicariously through our own. As a result, today was bittersweet to see Ron's trusty companion (nicknamed the "Hopper") of the past EIGHT years drive off for the last time as he went to purchase his new, dream mobile. I kind of felt like I was witnessing a forced, break-up between the very happy, Ford couple.
As sad as it was for me, Ron didn't even look behind once as he dropped off the Hopper to be traded in at the dealership and literally hopped over to where the shiny, brand new Ford F150 truck was parked on the lot! And, I must confess, when I saw this beauty pull up this afternoon, I was hit a tad by the "love at first sight" syndrome. It was only solidified minutes later when I found myself behind the driver's wheel. Happy Trails in the Hartland!!

The happy couple posing for one last photo.

And one last kiss....
(this one's for you, Mindy!)

Out with the old, and in with the new! This pretty thing is what appeared in front of our house hours after Ron left this morning! The Taurus is still trying to figure out what to make of it all.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with cars. It's like you experience so much WITH them! It will be a sad, sad day when I eventually part with my 2002 Civic! But nice, new car, Ron! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet ride... now it time to put some motorcycles in the back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa you are toooo funny! Wow, what a nice truck! Maybe it should meet my new Pathfinder. It's mine, so it's a girl car. ha ha ha just kidding.

    ReplyDelete