Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday and Logan's Blessing

Today was a whirlwind of a day, but also a wonderful day!  We were able to schedule Logan's baby blessing on Easter Sunday which I felt was so appropriate as Easter always reminds me of a new beginning.  In addition, we were blessed with the most gorgeous spring day after weeks and weeks of rain, wind, snow, hail, and overall cold and cloudy weather.  We started off the morning with a visit from the Easter bunny for Lia before heading off to church.  My parents and Washington brothers and their families then joined us for Logan's blessing and a dinner and Easter egg hunt at our house afterwards.  Ron did a wonderful job on the blessing although our little boy cried through most of it and we had so much fun hosting my family and spending the afternoon playing outside.  Here are some highlights of the day...


Lia and her Easter loot.
 

Trying out one of Lia's new "activities" that came in her basket.

Little Logan all dressed up in his blessing duds before church.  He is wearing the outfit that I bought back in 2004 (before Ron and I were even dating) at the most amazing lace shop in the French Quarter of New Orleans.  I also purchased his baby blanket in Bethlehem (for obvious reasons) when I was studying abroad in Israel back in 1996.  Yes, I plan ahead from time to time...


A full-body shot of his adorable, linen outfit.  What I love so much about this short and shirt combo is the fact that it is so Ron!  The shirt really looks like something he would wear and really resembles the Filipino dress shirt called a barong.  Coincidence or inspiration? 


My sweet boy looking heavenly in his white.
 

My family outside our church after the blessing.

The Hartland fam, complete with a screaming Logan.

Although we haven't dragged our deck furniture out of the attic yet for the summer season, we had all seven children eat dinner outside on a folding, card table.  It soon become the gathering place for the rest of us as it just felt so good to be outside in that warm weather.


Thanks to Grandma, all of the children were able to participate in an Easter egg hunt in our yard.  Here is Lia picking up a sheet of stickers she found in her designated area.


Lia coming out of the playhouse with some more goodies.


And picking up another egg with daddy's assistance!


All of the cousins posing for a final picture after the hunt was complete!

Oh, what a glorious day it was.  Thanks, everyone, for supporting Logan and joining us for the day!

1 comment:

  1. Arg! I missed Logan's blessing!! Stupid fever! Hey, I finally updated my blog thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete