Monday, April 2, 2012

A Monumental Birthday!

I know that my mom will probably not appreciate the fact that I am blogging about this, but she turned seventy years old yesterday!  Besides being a significant milestone in one's life, I am just so proud of my mother and what an amazing and active woman she still is.  I honestly cannot tell the difference between how she is now and how she was when I was in high school.  I mean, c'mon, she still water skis every summer and maintains an acre of landscaped yard (with a huge garden) like a pro!  I love her so much and am so grateful that I get to be near her after living out of state for the first thirteen years of my adult life.  She is such a wonderful grandma to my children and such a support to me.  It was so fun to gather at my parents' house yesterday with my two local brothers and their families to celebrate her birthday along with my father whose birthday is two weeks later.


Lia assisting her grandma in some gift opening.

I just love this picture because my mom reminds me of my own grandma with that smile on her face.


The golden couple getting ready to blow out their candles!


My mom going first...


Three generations!  Happy Birthday, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment