Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Two Months Old Today!

When Lia was a brand new baby and I was stumbling through the confusing world of newborns as a first-time mom, my mother wisely told me that most babies turn a corner at two months.  I soon learned that her advice was 100% true with Lia and I'm happy to say that Logan has also been no exception to this "rule" as he has started to make improvements in the past week or two.  For starters, we have finally settled into a daily routine of feeding time, awake time, and sleeping time.  He no longer screams when his clothes or diaper are changed or when he has his bath.  Logan is now starting to just lay content in his swing or bouncy chair for many minutes at a time without making a peep.  Hallelujah!  He is also falling asleep ON HIS OWN after a feeding when put down in his bassinet for nap time or nighttime with just the help of his sucker.  And, last but definitely not least, he is only waking up one time a night for a feeding!  Yesterday, he actually slept til 5 a.m. before waking for the first time!  Oh, how I love these recent changes and the sanity they bring to my life!  Logan is just the cutest, chunkiest baby around.  He weighed in today at 14 pounds 6 ounces at his two-month check-up, putting him in the 93rd percentile for weight.  Logan is also starting to smile at us daily and to make some cute, cooing noises in addition to his not-so-cute squawks and grunts.  He truly is an adorable baby in my eyes and I can't wait for all of the fun changes and progress he will make in the months to come.  We love you, Logie Bear!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! And I just read your blessing post. I LOVED seeing Logan in his blessing outfit we found in New Orleans. So fun to think back to that day. What a fun trip that was! And to think that neither of us was even dating anyone and here I am commenting on your blog (which didn't even exist) about your boy in that outfit you bought. Time flies.... but so glad we are still such good friends through the journey!

    ReplyDelete