Sunday, February 24, 2013

Daddy Daughter Dance!

For the first time, our stake decided to host a Daddy Daughter Dance for all the girls ages three to eleven.  When I heard about it, I was so excited and then quickly got very disappointed when I realized that it was on the second night when Ron had to host a basketball tournament at his high school.  As a result, I never mentioned it to Lia because I knew how sad she would be when she found out that she couldn't go.  However, a week ago, Lia's good friend told her that she got to go dress shopping for the Daddy Daughter Dance.  This, of course, set off a chain of events that I was trying to avoid.  After explaining several times that she couldn't go, I decided that I was just going to crash this dance and be the only mother in a sea of fathers....however, there was only one problem....what do I do with Logan?  Since we still don't trust leaving him with teenager babysitters (between the stairs and plethora of choke-worthy items in our house) and my parents are out of the country on vacation, I wasn't able to come up with a good solution.  However, it was during this time that Ron finally gave in and emailed his principal, asking him to cover the second game.  Fortunately his boss said, "Yes," which meant that Lia could go!  Hooray!  So, Saturday turned out to be a busy day for our girl with swim lessons, her friend birthday party, and then the dance.  We got her dressed after dinner and she and Ron rushed out the door moments after he rushed in the door from work.  Although she fell asleep in the car ride over to the church (remember, the busy day), she perked right up when they got there.  Lia had a great time dancing with her daddy, drinking strawberry milk and eating cookies, getting her picture taken, and running around the gym with her beloved friend, Kaylee.  I think the latter was her favorite of the four activities, but we won't tell her daddy that.  :-) 


All dressed up and ready to go!


Lia and her best friend, Kaylee, eating their refreshments.

 
The professional picture they had taken at the dance.  I don't know what happened to Lia's bow or WHY Ron was wearing the boa, but it's still cute, right?!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea this daddy-daughter dance thing--I really love it!! And the picture with the boa is priceless!! So glad I'm not the only one who can't trust babysitters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! And Ron, only you can pull off a red boa!

    ReplyDelete