Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Liaism in the Kitchen

It has been quite sometime since I have recorded a Liaism, but she said something yesterday that was so funny that I just had to write it down!  While Logan was taking his afternoon nap, Lia was helping me back some Christmas cookies.  As always, Lia was standing on her chair with her big, white spoon in hand ready and waiting to mix each new ingredient that I added to the bowl.  When I cracked open two eggs and dropped them in, Lia said with great enthusiasm:

"Yeah, I love eggs!  I love chasing them like a mermaid chases her husband under water!" 

Besides the fact that this comment is totally hilarious, I loved it because of how it combined Lia's knack for using descriptive vocabulary with her love of mermaids.  Apparently she loves stirring eggs into batter because they are so slippery and are hard to break up and mix in with the other ingredients.  Hence her description of "chasing" the eggs.  In addition, I loved how she compared this mixing action to a mermaid chasing her husband under water (who she later explained had fallen off of a boat...which is actually a scene from one of her favorite mermaid movies, Fish Tales).  Oh this girl, I just love her to pieces! 

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny! To answer your question.... it's a long, sordid tale I will have to tell you next time we talk -- we've brought it up to the Stake Presidency during interviews but to no avail. IT SUCKS!! And it's really hard to do the "go home early thing" because we've both had church callings that keep us at church. I'm also cheap and hate to waste all the extra gas money since we live half an hour away, so it's an hour of "unnecessary" gas money, but the main thing is that he teaches sunday school every single week and I am in Primary, so neither of us can leave. But just talking about it gets me all riled up again! I swear we are the only people I know of that have had to raise four napping babies and toddlers with no break from afternoon church and I'm totally bitter!

    ReplyDelete