Saturday, December 21, 2013

Grandma-Mommy-Daughter Date to the Nutcracker

Last year, I decided that it would be fun to take Lia to see The Nutcracker ballet every December.  After doing a little research, I learned that there were several ballet schools in the area that put on this ballet for a much more reasonable price than the professional company in Seattle.  Although I cannot wait to take Lia to the "real" thing when she is older, we enjoyed going to see the Evergreen City Ballet's performance today with my mom.  Besides getting restless the last few minutes, Lia loved every moment of it...asking me questions the entire time, oohing and ahhing over the costumes, gasping at the snowflakes falling down onto the stage, and applauding with total enthusiasm after every number.  I just love watching her watch these kind of performances.  It is such a sweet experience!


Three generations of ballet lovers.
 

 
Lia got to meet several of the dancers and have her picture taken with them after the performance.  Here she is posing with Clara, the lead Spanish dancer, and the Nutcracker.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment