Sunday, December 1, 2013

Painting Mania!

 
I will be the first to admit that the months of October and November have been exhausting ones in the Hartland.  Why?  Because Ron and I have each been painting an entire floor of our new home in addition to keeping up with everything else in our lives.  Ron has been repainting the entire main floor the same beige color that was already on the walls strictly to cover up all of the marks, nicks, dings, and scratches left by the previous owners' wonderful four sons.  UGH.  I have never in my life seen walls as bad as these.  I, on the other hand, have been painting five of the six rooms upstairs with the help of my mom in all the colors from our previous home's bedrooms and bathrooms.  It's been like a bad case of deja-vu to have to repaint a second set of rooms the same colors.  Regardless, we powered through it and both finished up our areas this past week.  Halelujah!  I am ready for a break and to just get back to my "normal" life in time for the not-so-normal holiday season.  And before Ron rinsed out his last paint brush this past Friday, I had to get a picture of the CRAZY, tall walls that he had to paint in our foyer, living room, and stairway.  Some of these walls reach 20 feet and, thanks to our friend's ladders, he was able to do it all on his own and luckily didn't break his neck in the process.  Thank heavens!

No comments:

Post a Comment