Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Rainy Day Shower

It was a very rainy and blustery day yesterday--a perfect day for a baby shower!  My dear friend, Wendy, who lives up the hill hosted a lovely morning baby shower for me.  It was so nice to get together with some of my friends in the area and my mother and daughter for a delicious brunch, some game playing, and, of course, the gift opening.  I am so grateful for gtood friends who spoiled my baby-on-the-way with some lovely and generous gifts!


Wendy served quiches with a bread buffet on one table and my friend, Megan, provided a yogurt buffet on another.  It was a delicious way to start the day!


Lia was able to join us after her morning swim lessons.  It was so fun to have her at my side!  Here she is posing with Grandma while eating some goodies.


Lia assisted in all of the gift opening.  She was so excited and very cute about the entire thing!  Here she is watching me open a gift.


And another where she is holding up one of the gifts for all to see.


The biggest surprise of the shower HAD to be opening up Wendy's gift.  Buried under some baby clothes, we found a copy of the newly released Disney movie, Frozen, that Lia is absolutely in LOVE with!  Since I refuse to pay top dollar and buy movies when they first come out in stores, Lia was in for quite a wait before she was going to receive this movie.  You can imagine her excitement when I showed her what was in the gift bag.  Needless to say, Lia held on to the movie for the rest of the shower and watched it two times after she got home!


My good friends, Megan and Wendy, helping with the gifts!


I just love this picture of Wendy and me laughing at who-knows-what!


Besides the movie, the other amazing gift at the shower was the beautiful baby quilt that my mother made for my baby.  We chose fabrics from the colors of the nursery (sage green, light pink, and baby blue) and I absolutely love the pattern that she came up with in putting the quilt together.  As always, it is stunning and receive many accolades from the ladies in the room.  Here I am showing off the quilt to the crowd.


My mom and I holding up the finished product!


Showing off one of the adorable, little dresses I received yesterday.


Posing with my two, skinny friends, Wendy and Megan, and all of my 40 pounds at the end of the shower! 
Thank you for such a wonderful morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment