Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Baby Ella


I just feel like I have barely posted any pictures of Ella these past few weeks.  Although we have been busy doing a lot lately, it seems like Ella has been asleep for most of it and, as a result, has not had her picture taken much!  Poor, third child.  :-)  So I made a point today to take some pictures of her while she took her afternoon nap on my bed.  I love this picture because it captures how Ella is now sleeping most of the time with her two arms spread out next to her head.  This is how all of my children slept as babies once we stopped swaddling their arms in blankets.  So sweet!  Ella turned six weeks old yesterday and has just started smiling at us.  Of course, Ron got the first smile on May 4th while tickling her chin.  I got one the next day while trying to put a pacifier in her mouth and the day after that while wiping spit up off of her mouth and chin.  It is the cutest smile--a very big, open-mouth one that she does over and over again.  I just love when my babies finally start interacting with me--it is a welcome "payment" after weeks and weeks of hard work with no reaction whatsoever from the baby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment