Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Getting Old.


So, I am turning the big 3-8 tomorrow and I'm really not quite sure how this happened.  My thirties have really flown by in one big blur.  It feels just like yesterday that I was celebrating my 30th birthday on Catalina Island or my 31st birthday at the historic Del Coronado Hotel in San Diego with Ron at my side.  Were did those carefree days of living in Southern California as newlyweds go?  Two houses, three children, four jobs, and four cars later, here we are.  But as fast as the time has gone, I must admit that I really do feel my age sometimes.  Although I don't think that I look or act that different, there are definitely some parts of me that are very much a 38 year old, mother-of-three.  Need an example?  Well, take a look at the birthday gift pictured above that I received from my parents today that I was absolutely thrilled about getting!  I received a new laundary basket (because my old one was falling a part), a new peeler (because Logan throw away my favorite one), a new attachment for my vaccuum, and one of those super cool thermometers that show the temperature in like five seconds after swiping it across a forehead (no more rectal thermometers for my little ones).  And, yes, it really was the perfect gift for me.  Apparently I have no more need for a cute outfit, or a fashionable piece of jewelry, or tickets to a concert.  Just some practical and well-needed items to help me out in my domestic arena.  Yep, I definitely getting old.  What will 40 bring?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment