Thursday, May 15, 2014

Water Fun!

Once again, we were blessed with some amazingly hot weather this week in the high 70s and 80s!  Just like two weeks ago, I felt this obligation to plan an outdoor activity for my children every single day so that we could get outside and have some fun before the weather cools back down and the rains return.  Yesterday, we picked Lia up from school and drove directly to Issaquah to spend the afternoon at Lake Samm playing on the beach.  My mom joined us and we had a picnic lunch on the grass and then watched Lia and Logan play for a few hours on the shoreline while Ella slept at our side.  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera and so I don't have any pictures, but it was a wonderful afternoon.  The lake was almost empty until the high school kids got out of school.  It was so relaxing and peaceful!  What an enjoyable way to spend the day.  Today, I hosted a sprinkler party for all of Lia's friends in the the two morning Kindergarten classes.  Including moms and siblings, we had a total of 31 people show up!  I couldn't believe it.  For almost four hours, Lia ran, frolicked, splashed, laughed, and played with all of her friends in the pool, the sprinklers, on the play set, and on the sport's court!  It was a huge success and so much fun.  I only was able to get a few pictures at the beginning of the party because I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the time while playing hostess and juggling a toddler and a newborn who refused to go down for a decent, afternoon nap!  Oh well. It was so worth it.  I'm so grateful that Lia has made so many wonderful friends in the past two years at preschool and at school and love that we have a backyard big enough to host the masses!


Lia and some of her gal pals playing in the pool.


Lia and Sienna running through the sprinklers!


I got to break out Logan's hand-me-down swimsuit and swim shirt for the summer season.  He was so excited to wear it for the first time because it has Nemo all over it.  It's cute to see how interested he has become in his clothes lately (especially when they are covered in trains or dinosaurs or characters from a movie)!

No comments:

Post a Comment