Saturday, May 31, 2014

Two Months Old Today!


Baby Ella turns two-months old today and we are still alive to say it!  Although I absolutely love being a mother, I do not love the first two months of my babies' lives.  They are really tough for me.  So I feel like we are starting to come out of the fog!  Ella is starting to sleep a little better at night although she is no where near where her sister was at this point as Lia slept through the night for the very first time at eight weeks old.  After putting Ella to bed between 10 and 11 o'clock at night, she is now starting to wake up only once a night for a feeding before 5 or 6 a.m..  This makes a huge difference for me as I actually feel half human in the morning instead of completed shredded which is how I feel after two feedings a night.  So I am very grateful for this and hope to see her sleeping through the night by three months!  Ella is chunking up a bit and is now wearing most three month clothes and fitting in them.  She also smiled for the first time on May 4th to her father and now smiles and coos all the time when you talk to her up close.  It's the cutest thing!  She has also given two, tiny laughs to date--one to a friend of mine and one to me (much to Ron's chagrin who has always gotten the first laugh with our other children).  But neither laugh was a full-fledged giggle, so I am still hoping that this one is being saved for him!  Ella is still a really good eater and still prefers to be held during her waking moments which, unfortunately, does not happen all the time since she is a third child!  However, the good news is that she is finally starting to lay happily for periods of time while awake without crying.  I am also so grateful for this.  Hopefully things will just continue to improve from this point on!  


I tried to get a picture of Ella smiling, but she kept on getting distracted by my camera.  So this half-smile was the best I could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment