Saturday, October 21, 2017

Aladdin on Broadway

For the third holiday season in a row, I have taken Lia into Seattle to see a Broadway musical with the other ladies in my family.  It is becoming a fun, annual tradition and a great way to start the holiday season.  Although we bought tickets months ago to see Disney's Aladdin, I didn't tell Lia until this past week.  I surprised her after school one day with a little gift bag sitting on her pillow in her bedroom.  I had placed her Jasmine Barbie doll on the pillow in front of the gift holding a little sign that said, "Lia, Please join me on a magic carpet ride.  Love, Jasmine."  Totally confused, Lia opened the gift to find our two tickets inside.  Once I explained to her that we were going to see this musical on Broadway, she was totally excited!!  We had a great time tonight being with all of the women from my family including my mom, Natalee and her two girls, Rebecca and Vivi, and Natalee's mom.  We first met my mom, Rebecca, and Vivi for dinner at Applebee's in Bellevue for dinner before driving to the Paramount Theatre in Seattle in a total rain storm.  We had a great time being entertained for over two hours by the amazing costumes and sets, beautiful music, and always entertaining Genie.  It was a wonderful way to spend the evening with my Disney-loving daughter!


The gift that Lia found on her pillow earlier this week.


A close-up of Jasmine holding the sign.


Vivi, Lia, and Rebecca eating dinner.


The view of the Paramount Theatre as we drove by it looking for a parking spot.


A close-up of the marquee sign.


Lia and Vivi under their umbrellas outside the theatre.


My mom, Lia, me, and Vivi all hiding under our umbrellas.


The poster outside the entrance of the theatre.


Lia and I standing outside the entrance of the theatre before entering the lobby.


We enjoyed wandering around the gorgeous, Paramount Theatre before the show began.  Here is a picture we took after stumbling across this fun photo op with Aladdin's magic lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment