Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Our First Ellaism for the Books

Although Lia and Logan have had their fair share of "Liaism" and "Loganism" posts on our family blog, Ella has never had one.  However, I have been recording a few of the funny things that she has said over the past several weeks to include in her first "Ellaism" post.  Ella is now to the age where she is saying some of the cutest and funniest things on a regular basis.  I wish that I could remember them all as I know that there are several things she has said that I have totally forgotten, but I figure that this is better than nothing.  So, here we go!

1.  "Two ones."  Ella uses this phrase ALL the time when describing two things.  It just cracks us up.
2.  "Can I buy these for Santa?"  This is the question Ella has asked me several times over the past few weeks as we have been talking about how we can ask Santa to bring us certain toys for Christmas.  It's just so cute as Ella hasn't quite figured out that she is always asking me to buy the toy she wants FOR Santa and not for her!
3.  "Two times I love you."  Ella told me this yesterday when she was trying to explain how much she loves me.  Totally melted my heart.
4.  "Rock me like a bee bee (baby)."  Ella still asks me this request on a regular basis at bedtime and I just love it.  I get to hold her in the recliner chair in her bedroom while rocking her in my lap and singing her favorite lullaby songs.  I am going to be so sad when the day comes when she is too big to lay in my lap.
5.  "Sleepy Booty" for Sleepy Beauty who is probably her favorite, Disney princess.
6.  "Fancy Ancy" for Fancy Nancy who Ella loves, loves, loves!
7.  "Tend you say" for "Pretend you say" which is the command Ella gives all the time when playing dolls with one of us.
8.  "I like carrying me, too."  Ella said this to me one day after I told  her how much I like carrying her upstairs to her bedroom for her afternoon nap.
9.  "Yes, it's on the two-th."  Ella said this one time when trying to describe something that was on the number two.
10.  "Sigh.  I guess I'm never going to make it back home to Mexico."  Ella has asked us many, many times since last April to go back to Mexico.  Every time her request is met with an explanation about how expensive it is and how I am not sure if we will ever return.  I guess that the reality of this really set in one day while eating her lunch when she randomly sighed and said this statement in a sad and heartbroken voice.  It was so funny!

***And although I know that this is a post dedicated to Ellaisms, I just had to include the following Loganism that he said to Ella the other day.  Logan was singing a song when Ella started copying him and began singing the same song.  Apparently, Logan did not like this as he then declared to Ella, "Stop following my song!"

No comments:

Post a Comment