Saturday, October 28, 2017

Golden Anniversary Celebration

Although we have been planning for quite some time now to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary this coming summer at some tropical location with the entire family, we had never thought about doing anything on their actual anniversary until last week my mom asked us if we wanted to get together and celebrate since their actual anniversary fell on a Saturday.  By some miracle, everyone was available the Saturday before Halloween and so we all agreed to get together including my brother and his wife who live in Montana.  I quickly set to work helping my mom find a restaurant for all of us to meet at for dinner.  After looking at several menus online, we decided that we should go back to the Lobster Shop which is the same restaurant on the Puget Sound in Tacoma where we met five years ago for their 45th anniversary.  We all gathered at 5:30 tonight and enjoyed the incredible views of the water and the mountains from the restaurant as the sky was totally clear from a beautiful, Autumn day.  After we enjoyed a delicious dinner and a special dessert for my parents, we returned back to our house for cards and gift opening.  My mom even brought her wedding dress and wedding album to show us.  They have been such a wonderful example to my brothers and me over the years as to what a committed and loving couple should be.  I am so grateful to have them in my lives and so grateful that we were able to be with them on this very special and momentous occasion!  Love you, mom and dad!


The entire group posed outside the restaurant before we started our dinner.


My darling parents with Mt. Rainier in the background.


A close-up of the special couple.


Eating dinner inside the Lobster Shop.


My parents before blowing out their candles on their creme brulee dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Good for them! My parents still have 7 more years until that milestone! And so nice that you all live close enough together that you can get together for special occasions like this.

    ReplyDelete