Sunday, November 4, 2018

28 Weeks Along!


Well, I can't believe it.  I hit my 28 week mark this past Tuesday which means that I officially am in my third trimester!  Yeah!  This is such a major milestone in my pregnancies.  Things are moving along quite quickly and I owe it entirely to the fact that my three other kids and everything that goes along with them keep me so busy on a daily basis. In that past four weeks, a few things have happened.  First off, Ron helped me get down my maternity clothes from the loft in our garage.  After some sorting and washing, most of my old clothes are up and running and fitting me quite well.  Besides buying two new pairs of pants at Old Navy (for a killer deal), I am just wearing all of my old, maternity clothes from my previous pregnancies which is fine with me.  In fact, many pieces of clothing bring back fond memories!  In addition, Ron, Lia, and Ella have all now felt the baby kick since only Logan had felt the baby move when I wrote my 24 week post.  The girls got to both feel him move for the first time while we were all watching General Conference together at Seabrook a few weeks ago.  It was so fun to watch their excited reactions!  Ron has gotten to feel him kick several times at night while we are laying in bed together before we fall asleep.  I feel him kick the most when I am laying down and even can now see my stomach actually move on a regular basis with some of his stronger movements.  On the not so fun side, my feet ache and my ankles are swollen by the time I go to bed every night AND I have gotten varicose veins on the outside of my lower, right leg for the first time ever.  After consulting my doctor at my monthly check-up this past week, I bought my first pair of compression stockings yesterday and now need to wear them full-time for the rest of my pregnancy.  I can already tell that the hose are helping with the pain in my feet although they will not make my ugly varicose veins go away.  Oh dear.  In addition, I have started elevating my feet on several couch pillows every night for an hour in bed before going to sleep which is also helping with the swelling and the pain.  Oh, the joys of being pregnant in my forties!  But it is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment