Monday, November 5, 2018

Freezing Time

Yesterday, Logan came down for breakfast before church and noticed that Lia wasn't sitting at the kitchen table.  After asking why, I reminded him that she has been fasting once a month on a Sunday ever since she turned eight and was baptized.  I then pointed out that he would be joining her in this monthly fast after he turns eight and gets baptized.  At this point, Logan said that he didn't want to get baptized.  I then reminded him that getting baptized is fun because he will have his own party afterwards and will even get some presents.  Logan then went on to say that he doesn't want to turn eight and grow up.  After agreeing with him, he said that he wished he could stay six and play pirates forever.  Then after a quiet moment of thought, Logan went on to say this hilarious comment that just made me burst out laughing:  "I'm not coming downstairs on my seventh birthday!"  Oh, if only freezing time were that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment