Friday, November 2, 2018

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth!


Logan's top, right tooth has been loose forever!  And when I say loose, I mean dangling by a thread for weeks.  I don't know how it has managed to stay in his mouth this long--especially when he lost a tooth a few days ago that just started to get wiggly in the past week or so.  Regardless, the big event finally happened this evening right during Ron's birthday dinner.  While Logan was chewing a piece of food, he hit his loose tooth rather hard on a tooth on the bottom row.  He immediately started crying and we could see blood all around his loose tooth when he opened his mouth.  After examining his tooth, I saw that it was past the point of no return and that it needed to come out.  So, after asking Logan if his dad could pull it out, he surprisingly agreed.  Within a matter of seconds, Ron pulled out Logan's tooth into a napkin right there in the middle of dinner.  After wiping off the blood in his mouth and the tears off of his face, Logan perked up a bit and even finished most of his meal.  By the time dessert was served, he was a whole new boy with a giant hole in his mouth!  Of his four front, center teeth, he is currently missing three of them as the one he lost at Priest Lake back in July has still never grown in!  I have never seen so much 'vacant real estate' in a child's mouth of mine.  I must say that it is rather cute and I just love that I finally have a child who can actually sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" and really mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment