Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Pillow Talk

In the past week, Emmett has started to only wake up ONCE a night (between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.) for a feeding which has been amazing for me.  I owe some of this progress to the fact that I am bathing him and nursing him for the last time in the evening a little later than normal around 9 p.m.  However, this means that I am bathing him and needing to dress him on the changing table in our room after Ron has gone to bed sometimes.  Since I knew Emmett would cry and wake Ron up last night, I asked Lia (who was still awake reading in her room), if I could dress Emmett on her bed after his bath.  After dressing him, I had to empty out the baby bath tub and put away a few things.  During this time, Lia moved Emmett into her bed so that they were laying side by side under her covers.  When I came back into her room, she was so excited to show me what she had done with the baby.  While laying there together, side-by-side, Emmett started making the cutest cooing noises.  Although he has started to coo a bit in the past few weeks, he has never made so many cute sounds in a short amount of time like he did last night.  We both had to pull out our cameras and get a few pictures of this cute baby being so cute.  Lia even managed to get one of his sounds on video.  Needless to say, we squealed like little school girls when this happened!  Oh, how we just love this little boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment