Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Baby Whisperer


Over the last few weeks, I have discovered a hidden talent of Ella's and, as a result, she has become the "baby whisperer" in our family.  It might be because she is home the most with Emmett and me during the day while everyone else is off at school/work OR it might be because she really has a knack for calming Emmett down.  Regardless, I have started calling her our baby whisperer.  There are many times during the day when I cannot hold Emmett whether it is because I am washing dishes or making a meal or folding some laundry or taking a shower.  Sometimes Emmett is content to just relax in his bouncy chair while I get something done, but lots of times he gets fussy and starts to cry.  Since I have to get certain things done during the day (like feed my family or get dressed), I some times have to just ignore his cries until I finish the task and can pick him up.  And this is where Ella has surprisingly swooped in to help me.  She has become an expert at putting Emmett's pacifier back into his mouth, bouncing his bouncy chair, and singing him songs.  She usually will say, "Give me a big ahhhh!" whenever she tries to put the ya ya back into his mouth (to get him to open up his mouth wide).  Ella made this up all by herself and I just think it is the funniest thing.  More often than not, she will just drop whatever she is doing and go and take care of Emmett without even being asked.  I was so surprised by this at first and now I really find it so touching that she cares enough about her brother that she is willing to stop playing with her toys or coloring her picture to take care of him.  I am so grateful for her help with Emmett during these challenging first few months...especially right now as both Lia and Ron have fallen prey to Influenza A and have been banned from holding or even touching Emmett.  Thank heavens for my little 4-year old helper.  I love you, Ellie B!


Ella posing with her brother after putting the ya-ya back into his mouth.  These two are so cute together!

No comments:

Post a Comment