Monday, February 4, 2019

There's No Day Like A Snow Day!

Whenever the weathermen predict snow in our neck of the woods, we always have to take it with a grain of salt.  So, when they started predicting snow on Sunday evening, we knew to just wait and see instead of getting excited.  Very little fell Sunday afternoon and evening and what little snow did fall really did not stick to the ground.  By while we were sleeping (or really everyone except for Emmett and me who were up almost every hour all night long), the snow began to stick and by the time we woke up, there was a few inches on the ground with lots of flakes coming down.  School was cancelled, the snow clothes were gathered, and off the children went to play outside before it was even 9 in the morning.  Sadly since I had to watch Emmett inside the house, I was not able to go out and join the kids for their morning play which I normally I love to do.  I did manage to run outside in my pajamas and snow boots to snap a few pictures before heading back inside.  The kids had a glorious time playing for several hours in the morning and then back again in the afternoon with the neighbors next door.  I loved watching them from inside and enjoyed not having to rush them off to school or drag them all out to Lia's piano lesson that afternoon.  There's truly no day like a snow day!


A group shot while the snow was falling!


And another one shot with Logan was not eating the snow.


Group snow angel picture.


Getting ready to start a snowball fight.


Lia throwing a snowball at Logan.


And Logan retaliating.


The girls at play.


A close-up of my cutie.


A snow time favorite in our backyard--sledding down the slide.  Here goes Lia!


Lia's crash landing at the bottom.


Ella getting ready to go.


Down she goes!


Ella sliding off her sled at the bottom.


The kids moved to the front yard to play with Daisy and Poppy and to slide down the hill of our neighbor's yard across the street.  Luckily, Daisy's and Poppy's dad was able to join them the entire time.  When they ventured back out in the afternoon, I was able to join them out front for a few minutes before Ron called me back in to feed Emmett.  He then switched places with me and watched the kids sled down the hill for an hour or so before it go too dark to play outside.  What a fun way to spend a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment