Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lia's Annual Piano Recital

Lia wrapped up her fourth year of piano lessons today by participating in the annual, Spring recital. Like in previous years, her piano teacher had her choose two songs to play that she had learned this winter to play from memory today.  Lia chose to play "Raisins and Almonds" and the "Hunting Song" and had them memorized a few weeks in advance.  We were all set to head out as a family this morning until a little past midnight when I woke up feeling queasy.  After laying in bed for a few minutes confused as to why I was feeling this way, it dawned on me that I must have caught Logan's flu that he came down with on Wednesday morning (he actually threw up on the garage steps as we were heading out to the car to drive to school).  By 12:30, I was throwing up and by 8 in the morning, I had last four pounds.  It was a pretty brutal night.  Needless to say, I had to stay home from Lia's piano recital.  I was so exhausted and week when Ron left with the three older kids a little after 10 o'clock.  After feeding Emmett, I was able to put him down for a morning nap and the two of us slept from 10:30 til 12:45 which is right when they came back home.  I was so disappointed to miss Lia's piano recital, but was also so grateful that I was the one who had caught the flu bug instead of her.  Little did we know that she was going to throw up later on this evening while getting ready for bed!  So, the timing worked out pretty perfectly on her side.  Regardless, my parents were able to come and watch her perform for the first time ever and so she had a decent sized cheering section.  I was able to watch the video after they got home and she did a great job playing both of her songs and only made a small mistake on one of them.  Overall, I am so proud of her and how far she has come in her four years playing piano!  You've come a long way, baby!


The cover of Lia's piano recital program.


Lia's name along with the songs she chose to play.


Lia's piano teacher is a master at stamping/crafting/scrapbooking and always makes the cutest, handmade decorations.  Here Lia is standing by the refreshment table.


Lia pausing next to the program table before heading into the chapel.


Lia announcing one of her two songs before playing it.


Playing away on the grand piano.  I always love how impressive it looks when she plays on this large piano.


A close-up of our girl.


Due to our recommendation, our nextdoor neighbor signed their 7-year old daughter up for piano lessons this fall and so they were also at the recital today.  This is the darling picture that the father emailed me afterwards that he took of Ron and Ella during the recital.  Just precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment