Friday, May 10, 2019

Mother's Day Tea with Ella

For the third time in a row, I headed out with my preschooler to attend the Mother's Day tea at Celebration preschool.  Although they discourage younger siblings from attending, I was still able to bring Emmett along (and not have to bother my mom to come down and babysit him) since he is still so little and doesn't require a third seat at our table.  Luckily, he fell asleep in the car in the five minutes between dropping off the big kids at school and arriving at Ella's preschool.  He remained asleep in his car seat until the very end of the event which was perfect as it allowed me to give all of my attention to Ella during this special mother daughter activity.  She did a great job singing the songs with the entire group of children and knew all the words.  When it was her turn to talk, she bravely spoke into the microphone and proudly announced that the reason why she loves me is because "I give her hugs when she feels sad."  Ella then ran over to join me at our table giving me a hug and bringing me a handmade present that she had made.  We then had fun playing some group games together before dining on muffins, fruit, and juice.  I just love my little Ella.  She has grown into such an adorable little girl who is so smart, kind, and fun (except when we are trying to get her to stay at the table to eat her dinner).  I love her so much and just cannot believe that she will be heading off to Kindergarten this coming fall at "the big school" with her older brother and sister.  My, the time sure is flying...


Ella singing one of the songs with her classmates.  They were supposed to be doing hand gestures with this song, but Ella is the only one in this picture pointing to her eye like her teacher had directed them.  She is such a little performer.


Ella and the others singing away.


Finishing off the song by blowing us a kiss.  I just love the smile on Ella's face!


Ella's walking up to talk into the microphone held by her teacher, Miss Vera.


Ella and I enjoying our food together.


Ella posing with two other preschool buddies, Sophia and Sloan, under the flowered arch at the front of the chapel.


Mother and daughter, plus Emmett, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment