Sunday, March 28, 2021

Celebrating an Early Easter

While talking to my sister-in-law a few weeks ago, she pointed out that they would be in Hawaii on Easter this year and that they would miss out on any family gathering we did that weekend.  As a result, we quickly hatched a plan to get together for Easter at my parent's house the Sunday before to which my mom quickly agreed.  Although we had a glorious and sunny day yesterday, today did not end up being the case.  This is only the second time we have gotten together at my parent's house to celebrate Easter when it has been cold and rainy outside which really is a miracle considering how wet and gloomy the weather still is this time of year.  As a result, my mom had to host her traditional Easter egg hunt for all of the grandkiddos in their basement instead of in their beautiful yard that is full of beautiful blossoms at the moment.  Oh well, you just can't win them all.  So after eating a delicious, potluck Easter dinner with everyone, all of the cousins headed downstairs for a "little kids" and "big kids" hunt.  Emmett quickly figured out the concept of how to hunt for candy and totally got into it.  Emmett, Ella, and Logan all had a great time completing their hunt in their designated areas with Trenton.  Lia then joined the big kids and needed as much time as Riley did to find all of her treats since Ron and I really stepped up our hiding-game this year since she is now a big teenager.  Although we would have preferred to be running around outside in my parent's beautiful yard, we still had a good time participating in this annual tradition!


Emmett peaking out of a closet while trying to find a candy.


Emmett walking through the toy room looking for more goodies.


Ella finding a treat in my old, doll cupboard.


Although you can't tell in this picture since the floor is cut off, Ella is jumping several inches in the air to reach a candy on the top of the mirror in my old bedroom.


Logan searching amongst the toys.


Logan finding a candy on a toy shelf.


Lia flashing me a smile while looking for treats down low.


Lia looking in the baby doll cradle for another goodie.


After dinner and the Easter hunt, we all gathered back in the living room to celebrate early birthdays for Bryce (March 29), Ella (March 31), my mom (April 1), and my dad (April 15).  Here is Ella reading her card from Aunt Natalee's and Uncle Chris' family.


My mom opening up our card with Emmett at her side.


Ella and Logan looking on while my mom read our card.


Logan and Ella waiting for my dad to read our card complete with wonderful pictures from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment