Monday, May 24, 2021

What a Socially Distanced Classroom Looks Like...

Since parents have not been allowed to walk inside any of the schools this year since students returned to in-person instruction during the months of January, February, and March, I have never been able to see what any of my children's classroom looks like.  I have wondered how my kids are spaced out in their classrooms and how they keep their belongings separate from those of other students.  As a result, I found it quite interesting to see these pictures that Ella's teacher emailed out this past week that were taken on "I" is for Ice Cream Day during their ABC countdown that Ella is participating in the last 26 days of school.  I couldn't get over how far apart their desks are spaced and the fact that everyone is required to store their coats, backpacks, and lunchboxes in laundry baskets placed directly in front of their desks.  It's just one more adjustment that had to be made during this wild and crazy time of the Covid pandemic.  As strange as it is to see Ella and her classmates so spaced out, I am just so grateful that she was allowed to return to in-person instruction half way through the school year.


The kids in Ella's class holding up their ice cream sandwiches with their face masks on!


Another shot of half of the class with Ella in the front, left corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment