Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Her First Battle Wound...

So, as the picture shows, my little girl got her first battle wound yesterday. Every time I look at it, I just feel so bad for her. It all happened while we were at a family BBQ at the beach on Lake Samm for Labor Day. While I was eating dinner and talking to a cousin, Lia followed a little, 3-year old cousin down to the beach. Even though I was watching her out of the corner of my eye, Lia managed to walk with lightning speed up the two steps from the beach to the top of the gangway leading out to the dock. The second I saw her standing on top, I thought to myself, "I need to get her off of that right away!" As this thought was crossing my mind, she lost her balance and fell face first off of the gangway, over the steps, and onto the sand. It was just sickening to watch. I threw my dinner down and raced over to my shrieking baby to find her nose all scraped up and her face covered with sand (even in her mouth). After a good rinse from the spigot, she stopped crying and hasn't looked back since, but I've got the scrapes to remind me. I think that it hurts me more than her now...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, sad for the little lady! there is nothing worse than watching your child injure themself from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hey, if she's 18 months and this is her first battle wound, I'd say you're doing pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was all of this sympathy when a duck bit my toe at your cabin? Huh? HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay- so it might not have been that big of a deal....but I think the scene of the crime was the same.

    However, let there be no doubt, there was duck bill on the top and bottom of my toe. It was completely enveloped in duck mouth. I think I even felt his tongue. Yeah-I freaked right on out. There was mocking from more than one person, but I've moved on. I roll with the punches. I've since made one with nature.

    ReplyDelete